A Guide to Beach Wedding Photography
Weddings have become more diverse as far as locations are concerned. One of those popular locations is the beach. It should not come as a surprise as beach weddings, after all, provide a beautiful and romantic backdrop to celebrate such a joyous moment in a couple’s life. But the allure of a beach wedding in recent years goes beyond that.
As a photographer like the Scottish Wedding Photographer who will be covering a beach wedding, it is important that you get to capture not only the beauty of the wedding as a celebration of love but also the beauty of the setting that is the beach. As a guide to help you better capture the moment, here are some of the characteristics of a beach wedding that you should not miss in your photos.
- Natural lighting – Since beach weddings are held outdoors, you don’t need to worry about nor possibly spend much on lighting in the venue for some good output the photos. The natural light from the sun will already take care of the lighting for you. On your part, you don’t have to think about these things and let the photographer take care of making that sunlight work on those beautifully lighted photos.
- Scenic venue – one does not have to spend or worry much on the interiors. The beach itself provides a natural and artistic scenery that you can tap to provide a beautiful and natural backdrop for your wedding. Best of all, it is available to you without paying extra, especially if you will not require to have a section of the beach blocked off.
- Intimate atmosphere – Beaches are naturally intimate type of places, better appreciated when there are a few people who go there. So if you wish to have an intimate wedding ceremony, having it at a beach is something to seriously consider. Even if a beach is a popular tourist destination, having a beach wedding provides a greater level of intimacy that having a hundred guests would ruin such a mood.
- A wedding and vacation in one – For some couples, especially those who are working around a budget, a beach wedding is a cost-saver such that they don’t have to spend time and effort separately for a wedding venue and a vacation place and incur more expenses in the long run. Beach weddings provide the convenience for both. Not to mention, the guests also get to enjoy a vacation and a wedding at the same time.
- Less formalities – As stated above, beach weddings have a greater level of intimacy. As such, there is a lesser need to be formal, whether it is on the aspect of ceremonies or when it comes to outfits. You can be as flexible as you want to be for a beach wedding, so feel free to create a unique and memorable moment in the process that you as a couple and your guests will get to enjoy.
- Casual affair – Speaking of outfits, there’s no need for to wear formal outfits at a beach wedding. One can opt to wear a simpler wedding dress while guests can wear something less stiff and a bit more casual and comfortable that is appropriate for a beach wedding. Besides, traditionally huge wedding gowns would not cut it since they would look awkward in the beach setting anyway.
With all these said, keep in mind though is the outdoor nature of beach weddings. As such, nature can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. Unpredictable conditions like rain or winds may make those wedding plans go awry. Careful planning is very important to ensure that such conditions would not ruin what should be a memorable moment. Make sure you got all bases covered as much as possible; it won’t hurt to have a Plan B at hand in case things won’t get to go as originally planned.
There is no doubt that beach weddings are beautiful to witness, making a moment as memorable as a wedding even more memorable with the setting a beach provides. As long as it is planned very well beforehand, a beach wedding provides a unique experience the couple and guests will surely get to appreciate and cherish.